Top Romantic Places to Get Married
Wedding and Honeymoon In One
Combining weddings with honeymoons is becoming trendy among many newlyweds those planning second marriages or vow renewals. Destination weddings are on the rise largely because many couples want to spend less on the actual wedding and more on the honeymoon. Many wedding couples also see destination weddings as an opportunity to share their culture if they're from another country. More tourist destinations have relaxed their wedding restrictions to appease the altar-bound with destination wedding packages - which include the wedding and honeymoon in one!
The 5 most popular destination weddings take place within the domestic U.S, or in exotic Caribbean destinations. Mexico makes the list because of its array of budget holidays.
- Hawaii - the islands of Kauai, Big Island and Oahu are Hawaii's most visited. Since there are no all-inclusive resorts in Hawaii, destination wedding can get expensive if you are planning on bringing family and friends.
- Walt Disney World - Dreams do come true at Disney World, Florida. Disney weddings are unique - be whisked to Cinderella's Castle by horse-drawn coach, celebrate with Mickey and Minnie at Disney's Wedding Pavilion or exchange refined vows at the Yacht Club Resort's Gazebo.
- Las Vegas - is no longer the 'quickie wedding' capital of the world. Vegas couples can still be wed by an Elvis impersonator, but the Bellagio and Caesar's Palace offer elegant hotel weddings complete with garden terraces and ballrooms. Quickies can still be had 24-hours a day at Vegas' Drive-thru chapels.
- Jamaica - be pronounced 'mon and wife' in the laid-back tropical surrounds of Negril with a reggae band at your cabana beach reception.
- Mexico - Cancun is the pioneer of the 'all-inclusive resort/wedding'. Mexico weddings are popular with brides and grooms because it offers breathtaking Caribbean Beauty within North America and better yet for half the price!