Bride Fit Tips
Get Buff for Your Big Day
Exercise is a commitment - just like planning a wedding. Remember that after the cake and decorations are forgotten, your wedding photos will still be displayed in your home and in photo albums for the rest of your life. While that should provide all of the motivation you'll need these fit tips to help you look your best on your big day and help you on the way to a healthy marriage:
- Maintain a reasonable weight loss goal - 1-2 pounds per week is sensible.
- Avoid get-thin-quick gimmicks and fad diets. Crash dieting and weight loss pills are dangerous to your health.
- Be active daily for just 15 minutes of cardio - walking, jogging, swimming or playing tennis - combined with 2 to 3 days of light weight training per week.
- Incorporate fruits or vegetables in every meal - you'll feel fuller and cut calories.
- Drink water not soda and cut 300 to 500 calories per day - that's a pound of fat per week! Plus, a glass of water every 1 to 2 hours will keep you hydrated and full.
- Eating breakfast will make you less inclined to binge throughout the day.
- Eat something every 4 hours to equal 3 meals and 2 light snacks (an orange, apple, or a handful of pretzels or trail mix) daily.
- Be aware of portions - for example a 1/2 cup of whole wheat rice or pasta is the size of your fist, and one 3-ounce serving of meat is equal to a deck of cards.
- Eat slowly and chew your food completely so your body digests and registers that it's full.
- Buy pre-cut fruit and veggies and you'll more likely use them for snacks and salads.
- Restrict alcohol to special occasions.
- Brush your teeth right after eating so you'll be less inclined to have seconds.
- Make foods interesting each day by adding fresh fruit to stirfrys and salads or incorporate new spices.
- Stretch your muscles every morning for 10 minutes to combat wedding stress.
- Exercise with a partner (like your fiance) to keep on track.