Wedding Reception Favors
A Token of Your Thanks
Wedding favors are thoughtful mementos from the newlyweds given to wedding guests at the wedding reception. Wedding favors are a token of appreciation for attending the wedding day celebration. In the past, the most popular and traditional wedding favors have included such delights as Jordan almonds, homemade truffles, fruitcake and tiny tins of mints. But today's couples are showing some innovative with more personalized and thoughtful wedding favors such as:
- CDs of the bride and groom's wedding song and other touching love songs. Couples often slide a computer-printed photo of the couple with the date of their wedding into the front of the CD sleeve.
- Wine bottles, jars of homemade jam and chocolate bars with custom labels of the wedding date.
- Something guests can make or grow, such as flower seeds, a mini fruit tree or flower bulb or cookie dough sachets.
- Ethnic gifts showcasing the bride or groom's heritage like framed lucky shamrocks, hand-painted Cuban maracas or carved wooden Chinese chop sticks.
For newlyweds on a budget wedding favors can be easily handmade by you and members of your wedding party for virtually half the price of store bought gifts. The following wedding favor basics can be purchased at dollar stores:
- Gauzy Sachets
- Mini paper boxes
- Plastic wine glasses
- Mini woven baskets
- Mini gift bags
- Bulk blank CDs and tapes
- Mini picture frames
...and filled with:
- Plastic spoons dipped in chocolate
- Hershey's kisses or homemade chocolates
- Your own cookie dough
- Photos printed off your home computer
- Flower seeds
- Jelly beans
- Tea bags or coffee beans
- Homemade candles or soaps
- Fruit grown in your garden